This is a permanent position based in Middlesbrough, UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept remote working applications for this position.
As an enterprise WordPress agency, we’ve been working on complex digital solutions for global brands since 2011, so naturally, technology and innovation underpins everything we do. Due to our continued expansion and rapidly growing client portfolio, we’re seeking a self-motivated engineer to join our growing engineering team. This opportunity is open to both front end and back end engineers, and it will give you the chance to enhance your development skills on a range of interesting projects for companies including The Times, Amnesty International and Octopus Group, to name just a few.
We don’t put much emphasis on fancy job titles or CV’s, we’re interested in hearing from people who experiment with code because they love to, and genuinely enjoy what they do.
What you’ll do
- Work on a wide range of client projects on the WordPress CMS platform.
- Transform visual designs into cutting edge digital solutions, in line with our clients’ requirements.
- Have a strong focus on developing sites on the new WordPress editor, Gutenberg, and componentise design systems to streamline client’s workflows.
- Collaborate with our design team to analyse and give feedback on existing designs.
- Work closely with, and provide support to our senior and lead engineers.
What you’ll need to have
- Experience in using Git and GitHub, package managers and virtual machines for browser testing.
- Knowledge or previous experience in WordPress development.
- Experience in working in an agency (minimum 1 year).
- The ability to solve problems and propose solutions efficiently.
- Strong communication skills and the confidence to speak to the team and clients when necessary.
- A strong work ethic and passion for development.
What we can offer you
We take good care of our team, and in return for your dedication and hard work, we will offer you some impressive benefits and opportunities to help you grow and learn as you continue on your career path. These include:
- A competitive salary
- Training materials for professional development.
- An annual CPD and conference budget to spend as you see fit (WordCamp EU is a good choice!)
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours, and the ability to work from home.
- The latest Apple equipment.
- A pension scheme, to save for your future.
- Rewards and discounts through our HR platform.
We want you to feel comfortable and at home as part of the team here at Big Bite, so we also have lunch together each week, host BBQs when the weather permits, and run a bi-monthly industry event.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV, along with a cover letter to email@example.com
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.