*Please note, this position is no longer open for applications*
As an enterprise WordPress agency, we’ve been working on complex digital solutions since 2011, so naturally, technology and innovation underpins everything we do. Due to our continued expansion and rapidly growing client portfolio, we’re seeking an ambitious design professional to lead every aspect of Big Bite’s creative direction, set design standards and help to direct the growth of the team.
As our Head of Design, you’ll be an integral part of our team, contributing to the ongoing evolution of our own brand, as well as client projects and open-source WordPress projects from our HQ in Middlesbrough.
What you’ll do
- Manage the design process for new client projects, right from being involved in the sales proposal to the final project delivery.
- Work closely with our Head of Marketing to produce cutting-edge marketing and brand assets, including websites, print collateral and social media assets.
- Collaborate with our internal development and project management teams to craft innovative client project designs.
- Represent the Big Bite brand at events and within the WordPress community.
- Provide feedback on pre-existing design work and advise on potential improvements.
- Work with the whole team to solve our clients’ unique challenges.
- Keep the team up-to-date on anything that influences or impacts design, such as hardware/software needs, upgrades, and training.
- Maintain the highest standards for everything we produce.
What you’ll need to have
- A keen eye for detail.
- A proactive and ‘lead by example’ approach to the job in hand.
- Experience of working in agency (minimum 3 years).
- Knowledge of the WordPress platform (desirable, but not a necessity).
- A keen interest in various design techniques, as well as a passion to learn the latest industry news, developments and best practices.
- Experience in design for UI and web design.
- An impressive portfolio with clear signs of strategic thinking.
- A strong work ethic.
- Strong knowledge in Sketch, InVision and Adobe Photoshop, with some knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Experience in branding.
In exchange for your ideas, dedication and knowledge, we’ll give you a generous benefits package which includes the latest Apple equipment, flexible working, weekly team lunches and breakfasts, a dedicated annual personal development budget to spend how you see fit and a fully stocked kitchen with a constant supply of tea, coffee, breakfast cereals, snacks and soft drinks.
Who we are
We’re a WordPress VIP Partner, which means we’re trusted by the world’s biggest enterprise content platform to deliver cutting edge technology to our clients. With extensive experience in building large scale digital solutions for the web, as well as innovative apps in React and React Native, our team of industry experts work alongside global brands to help them achieve their goals and transform the way they work.
We don’t put too much emphasis on fancy qualifications or academic certificates – we want to hear about the real you and find out what you can bring to our growing team. If this sounds like we could be the perfect fit for your next career move, follow the instructions below to apply – we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
For more information or to apply for the role, please email your CV, along with a cover letter and evidence of your design portfolio to date to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Friday 21st December 2018.
Oh, and if you’re a recruiter and have made it this far – thanks for reading, but this isn’t for you. We really want to hear from our candidates directly, in their own words and with their own work.