This is a permanent position based in Middlesbrough, UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept remote working applications for this position.
Salary: £30,000 + (dependant on experience)
Closing date for applications: Friday 28th June 2019
As an enterprise WordPress agency, we’ve been working on complex digital solutions since 2011, so naturally, technology and innovation underpins everything we do. Due to our continued expansion and rapidly growing client portfolio, we’re seeking a super organised individual to lead on project management for a range of worldwide clients.
As our project manager, you will be an integral part of the team, managing and overseeing a handful of existing clients on a daily basis as well as crafting strategic plans to ensure that we consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and to our high specification. We’re an enterprise digital company, so you’ll be expected to have a technical mindset to understand processes, as well as having a keen desire for continued learning and CPD.
*Please note, time zones may impact communication times with our clients, and so we require someone who can be available to work evenings if required*
What you’ll do
- Build and nurture long-term relationships with our clients.
- Manage a handful of clients on a daily basis to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Provide support to our development and design teams on client project delivery.
- Resource planning and weekly sprint planning, including the ability to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the team when allocating work.
- Provide support to the Business Development team when producing SOW documents.
- Provide feedback on pre-existing internal project management processes and advise on potential improvements.
- Manage incoming requests via platforms including Slack, Zendesk, Jira, GitHub and email.
- Conduct risk assessments and project evaluations.
- Respond and manage client communication during potential crises.
- Translate client requirements into flowcharts and SOW documents to feedback to the team.
- Keep the team up-to-date on anything that influences or impacts the delivery of client work, such as hardware/software needs, upgrades, and training.
- Consistently maintain the highest standards for the projects we deliver.
What you’ll need to have
- Experience of project management within a development environment (minimum 3 years).
- Strong communication skills and the confidence to speak regularly with clients via telephone, Slack, email and video calls.
- An understanding of development platforms including GitHub.
- Ability to understand technical terminology (with the help of our development team) including REST API/GraphQL, Headerless, Decoupled, Package managers etc.
- A proactive and ‘lead by example’ approach to the job in hand.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at any time.
- The ability to work with a diverse range of disciplines including development, marketing and design.
- Knowledge of the WordPress platform (desirable, but not a necessity).
- Clear signs and evidence of strategic thinking.
- A strong work ethic and passion for the job in hand.
- A keen desire to learn and contribute to your own CPD.
In exchange for your ideas, dedication and knowledge, we’ll give you a generous benefits package which includes the latest Apple equipment, flexible working, weekly team lunches and breakfasts, a dedicated annual personal development budget to spend how you see fit and a fully stocked kitchen with a constant supply of tea, coffee, breakfast cereals, snacks and soft drinks.
How to apply
Email your CV, along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.