Salary: £23,000 – £30,000 (dependant on experience)
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 25th September 2020
As an enterprise WordPress agency, we’ve been working on complex digital solutions for global brands since 2011, so naturally, technology and innovation underpins everything we do. Due to our continued expansion and rapidly growing client portfolio, we’re seeking a creative web designer to join our team.
As our designer, you’ll be an integral part of the team, working with a collaborative group of engineers and project managers on a diverse set of client accounts, including Amnesty International, Wall Street Journal and Gumtree, to name a few. You’ll also contribute to the ongoing evolution of our own brand alongside our marketing team.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our Head of Design & UX to craft creative layouts and web experiences for our enterprise clients.
- Work with the team to solve our clients’ unique UX challenges, particularly within the WordPress CMS.
- Work closely with our marketing team to produce marketing and brand assets, including websites, print collateral and social media assets.
- Help craft style guides and design systems for our client projects.
- Refine solutions with our engineering team through our iterative process.
- Maintain the highest standards for everything we produce.
What you’ll need to have
- A keen eye for detail.
- An impressive portfolio with evidence of problem solving.
- An understanding of the modern web (responsive layout, typography etc.)
- Experience of working in agency (minimum 3 years).
- Knowledge of the WordPress platform (desirable, but not a necessity).
- Confidence in communicating to your colleagues and clients when necessary, via phone, email and video calls.
- Strong knowledge of modern design tools (Sketch, Figma, XD, InVision) and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of front end engineering best practices (desirable, but not a necessity).
What we can offer you
We take good care of our team, and in return for your dedication and hard work, we can offer you some impressive benefits and opportunities to help you grow and learn as you continue on your career path. This includes the latest Apple equipment, flexible working hours, a dedicated annual personal development budget to spend how you see fit and a fully stocked kitchen with a constant supply of tea, coffee, breakfast cereals, snacks and soft drinks.
We also have various training opportunities and counselling available to help your personal and career growth. We love to see our employees happy, so we offer 25 days paid leave each year, plus bank holidays, as well as generous maternity and paternity packages, including six months full pay for mums-to-be, and one-month full pay for dads-to-be.
Diversity and inclusion at Big Bite
Research suggests that inclusion is linked with employee satisfaction, creativity and reduced absenteeism, meaning that employees and employers stand to gain by being more inclusive. We’ve worked hard to be a progressive and inclusive company since day one – it’s essential to foster these core values to allow us to deliver the high quality projects that we do. We want to use our platform to make a positive difference to our community, regardless of race, gender, religion, political views, socioeconomic background, cultural background, disabilities and abilities, or age.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your CV, along with examples of your past work, to firstname.lastname@example.org.